Heslington Pre-School has been running for over 50 years and is a charity run, committee led pre-school located on the grounds of Lord Deramore’s Primary School in Heslington, York. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to join an experienced team as Pre-School Manager. The post-holder will be required to lead the team in providing safe, high quality education and care for early years children. Our new manager will be someone who has a passion for delivering exemplary childcare and engaging families in pre-school life in order to promote positive mindsets and enrich the lives of young children.
We are looking for someone who has:
● A minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent
● Experience in running or helping to run a similar setting
● A thorough understanding of the current Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
● A real love and drive for working with and educating children
● Experience of delivering a high-quality learning environment through good interaction and planned activities based on observations.
● Experience of setting up a wide range of activities for all areas of learning to support the developmental needs of pre-school children.
● Excellent understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection, Health and Safety, Risk Assessment, Food Safety and Confidentiality.
Further details can be found in the job description and person specification The hours for this position will be discussed during the interview but will be weekdays during school term time only. An enhanced DBS and satisfactory references would be obtained prior to commencement of employment. For questions and to request an application form and job description, please email Fiona MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 25th November 2020, at 12 noon. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview week beginning 30th November 2020.